Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Okay so I did something really brave & different.

My friend Pam has these parties on weekends sometimes, they are called Cuddle Parties. They are like a slumber party for grownups, and first she sends you some paperwork on it to explain that it is a party for adults who want to cuddle. I guess that is why it is called an Adult Cuddle Party, maybe? I don't know. Anyhow, you can read about them here and learn if you want to have one. CuddleParty.com can help you plan it!

If you ask me, I strongly recommend it!

First of all, there are rules:


  1. Everyone wears regular clothes or pajamas, no lingerie and no nudity. The whole time.

  2. Everyone has to come at the same time. It started promptly at 7 pm and after that no one is let in. Otherwise it is, like, awkward for the cuddlers.

  3. Nobody jokes about sex or says things that are suggestive, like "ooh, is that your pee pee pushing on my butt"? Even if it is (which totally does happen, you are cuddling after all!), you don't say it!

  4. Ask permission to pet or stroke someone. You can say no; you can change your mind also.

  5. No eating of any kind. Only afterwards!

  6. No bodily noises. Excuse yourself if needed.

  7. Laughter and some tickling is encouraged!

  8. Also, crying.

  9. Tell the Cuddle Guard if anything strange is seen or felt.

  10. What happens at Cuddle Party, stays at Cuddle Party.

So, we all got on the floor and at first it was really weird, and nobody was touching, but soon some people started spooning and pretty soon everybody was lying around, on top of each other, next to, heads on each other's bellies, etc. Here are some pictures that Drew (Pam's boyfriend) took:


(printed with permission of participants)

It was really fun! At first I was really shy but pretty soon I was spooning with Pam and my neighbor Leslie, and we had like 3-woman sandwich on the floor. At one point Leslie, or maybe Pam even had her hands really close to my breasts, and I didn't even mind that. You just let go and enjoy being physical with people you hardly know!

At the end you got to sign up to host the next cuddle party and I didn't sign up but I took a card and I will think about it! It helped me feel less lonely and also maybe will ease me back into human contact. I haven't touched another human being in a really long time! Weird how that happens. Next thing you know 3 years have gone by and you have forgotten that other people are warm and soft, just like you.

Hope you don't think I'm weird and you learned something today. Even if you think I'm weird, I don't care, because I got snuggled on both sides by two of my best girlfriends! And you didn't.

9 comments:

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Sounds like you are now skipping down that healing path Tuyet! You go girl!

Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chuck said...

Greetings and good tidings of comfort and joy! Compliments of the day Tuyet! Ahhh, cuddle parties yes! I've had some of those cuddling parties during peppering past which consisted of a fishbowl full of keys and Chex Mix with pink and blue pills in it!

Ha! But thats for another ripping yarn!

BBC said...

Okay, but the best cuddling is just two soul mates together.

It's good that you had a good time though. Hugs.

Mustafa Şenalp said...

çok güzel bir site.

BBC said...

"I haven't touched another human being in a really long time!"

Really? I hug someone everyday. Not everyone wants to be hugged though. But most people at least let you touch them.

I touch a lot of people.

Hon, you need to get over your hangups, whatever they are. Come over here for some therapy and training.

You should spend some time with Helen and I.

Chuck said...

Once during a severe binging of the little red ones, I woke up straddling the leg of Joe Brantingham, my next door neighbor. We've been close ever since!

Good tidings of comfort and joy! Love, Chuck.

Chuck said...

I've tried hugging, but it seems that something vital is being left out. I frequently resort to jiggling. If its a girl, I've been known to jiggle her titties, or her backside depending on the jiggle-to-jiggle ratio. Men don't typically jiggle as much, however my friend Fred has extremely agreeable man-titties leaving me with many minutes of sheer jiggly fun!

Good tidings of comfort and jiggle-joy! Love, Chuck.

~d said...

I think this is beautiful! I totally LOVE the idea!
The no bodily noises (cant remember exactly) how do you control that?

I think it sounds really cool!