Saturday, September 1, 2007

Thanks for caring everyone.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your messages of love and hope for my poor ankle and Denny, for the box of chocolates you sent. Why were half of them eaten? I rarely eat stuff I get in the mail. Never, in fact. So I gave them to my neighbor Mrs. Frey and she ate them. No offense! It's the "gesture" that counts, and this is a gesture I could really wrap my lips around.

Okay, so here is how I did the stupid thing. I have been trying to get in touch with my inner child, T.A.P. (Tuyet Ai Phuong --- Turning a Page --- thanks, BBC -- although the first thing that came to mind was Take a Piss). So the other day I was at the elementary school on my street, where there is a playground, with my friend Madu and her baby son, Ussi. Ussi was playing on the jungle gym and I started thinking about how he is really in touch with his inner child, which is really "enlightened" for a kid who is only four. Most people don't even know they have an inner child, and there he was, acting like one! If a four year old can be that evolved, god damn if I sit on my 45-year-old ass and let life pass me by! (Sorry for swearing, but I am trying to "free" myself by cussing when I feel like it. One of these days I might even say the "F-word" and give myself a "breast self exam" if I could get over the fear of my own body! But I am off track, sorry).

So, since Ussi was on the jungle gym, I decided to join him so I was running and jumping and climbing, and sliding on the slide, which was actually very dry and non-slippery and gave me sort of a "road rash" on the backs of my thighs, and I had to put ointment. Then I climbed this sort of geodesic dome thing and was hanging from the bars of it and swinging, and when I let go to "dismount" I heard/felt a "snap" and then my ankle started to burn. Damn! (sorry)

Madu took me to the ER where I had to wait like 3 hours for an xray and it turned out the bottom of my "tibula", or whatever the bigger bone in the leg is called, has a crack. Not a big crack, but still a crack.

So now I have a cast that looks like bubble wrap and crutches so I don't put too much weight on the ankle, and getting to-from work has been a real "hassle", and I have been so tired.

I will update again soon, like after I write thank-you cards for all the fun little presents I have been getting. Like cards and chocolate, which I already mentioned, and mail, which the mailman brought up to my house instead of leaving down in the box, and a cushion so I could elevate from the lady who shares my cubicle at work (Camilla or Clitella or something, I don't know, she is new.) Everyone is so nice!!!

3 comments:

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Getting in touch with your inner child is good Tuyet but next time maybe do something a little less dangerous to your frail bones like building sand castles or sidewalk art with chalk. Nurturing your inner child is good but taking care of your adult body is better! Hahaha! Glad you are feeling better and you are blogging again.
J

Chuck said...

Heh heh, speaking of dismounts, I recall Nadia Comaneci frequently having erect little nipples everytime she would stick a landing. Say, I just got to thinking. Last night I spent 6 hours reading your blog and gazing at your picture. Ever explore your womanhood doing one of these dismounts and simultaneously jetting out your nipples? Ha ha

Just a crazy thought! Good tidings of comfort and joy to ya!

Love, Chuck.

BBC said...

One of these days I might even say the "F-word" and give myself a "breast self exam" if I could get over the fear of my own body!

The F-word is just an expression, don't fear it. You don't mess with your breasts? Geez, just get the fuck over it. Buy a vibrator also, or call me, but only if you can look into my eyes and make it spiritual. :-)

Be all that you are. Hugs.