Sunday, August 19, 2007

I am woman. Hear me roar!

Yes, the Non La is part of my culture, thank you very much!!!


Lately I've been feeling disconnected from myself, like maybe I took a wrong turn somewhere. I have been seeking fulfillment in all the wrong places (just like the song ...). I started this blog so I could get to know myself, and I want to return to those roots. Lately, it became important to me to "connect" with other bloggers and since the time I started doing that, it has brought me an intense mixture of happiness and sadness. Like a bowl of mixed fruit, where some of the fruits are wormy and some are juicy and delicious. I have met some amazing people, but I have also opened myself up to some "characters" who think they are either (1) funny or (2) just ignorant. I have to remember who I am and why I started this blog in the first place!

Like the amazing phoenix, I am a bird. A bird on fire. The fire of life!!! I want to rise from the flames of the bad things that have "happened" in my life and not let the flames engulf me with their bad karma. I am going to become the woman I have always dreamed of becoming, like an oak tree, growing from an acorn! I am going to drift on this river of life, and not allow the droplets of other people's bad thoughts get me so wet. I want to dip my oar into the shallow waves of the people who support me, and use them to push off of as I take this journey of self-discovery! Like the innocent new fish that hatch beneath the waves, I am going to swim along and avoid the "big mouths" that surround me and try to take bites out of me.

Today, to help myself get out of this bad feeling I have, I am going to go to Target and buy all new cookware. I am going to learn how to make cupcakes. I'm starting with a box recipe, because I'm not a very good cook, and I don't want to mess it up. I think I just have to add milk and eggs or something. Then I'm going to frost them all and sit down on my porch and eat them with all of the excitement and enjoyment that I can think of. And a big glass of milk.

Each day, I'm going to force myself to do something like that so that I come out of my shell, the shell of my discontent. Then I will "awaken" inside and not be so afraid anymore.

As for commenters, you can support me or not. But I would like it if you must comment on my blog, you keep it "clean" and also don't be mean. I don't have time to be made wet by you, I have a life to live here. But say whatever you want, because you can't hurt me. I am a roaring woman, roaring too loud to hear you.

Thanks for coming by!

20 comments:

Tim said...

thanks for the link! much appreciated!

Tuyet said...

Green --- Hope that was OK. STick around, I have only just begun! Rowr!

Earl said...

I THINK I'M FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU.

Tuyet said...

Earl --- You are obviously being a # (1) (e.g., a funny man) becuase you cannot possibly be serious. Rowr!

Earl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Earl said...

WHAT DID YOU DELETE THAT FOR?

Earl said...

SO DO YOU LIKE IT IN SAN DIEGO? I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE EASIEST JOB WOULD BE A WEATHER FORECASTER IN SAN DIEGO. WELP, IT'S GOING TO BE SUNNY AND WARM AGAIN TODAY. I USE TO SPEND SOME TIME AT THE CAMP DOWN THERE YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AGO BACK IN ANOTHER LIFE.

Tuyet said...

Earl --- There, now we are haveing a real conversation instead of you playing a game. As for deleting! I reserve the right to keep my blog "clean"! I love San Diego, the weather is almost always beautiful. There is a pretty big Viet Namese community in my neighborhood, which is nice for holidays and there is a marekt. There are also a lot of Hispanic people, which can get a little irritating because they are noisy, but it is Okay.

Which camp are you referring to?

I am going out to Target and teh grocery store for a while, but feel free to stop by again.

Steve said...

So are you like in Viet-Nam right now?

Earl said...

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I DID WRONG I DIDN'T USE ANY BAD WORDS OR ANYTHING ALL SAID WAS I'M SORRY FOR BEING OFFENSIVE AND THANK YOU FOR BRINGING IT TO MY ATTENTION.

I'M TALKING ABOUT CAMP PENDLETON.

I HOPE YOU HAVE A PRODUCTIVE AND ENLIGHTENING SHOPPING EXPERIENCE.

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

There is a difference between "coming out of your shell" and "walking on eggshells." You have come out of your shell and taken your power back. Now, stop walking on eggshells and apologizing for deleting the comments you don't want on your blog. People who are rude and disrespectful don't deserve to be treated kindly.
Jo

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Buy some honey and some oaty bread. Toast it and spread the honey THICKLY. YUM!

If you have a Bear, don't forget to give him some too.

If you don't have a Bear, this is probably where you're problems are anyway.

:@}

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Way tu doh Bob! I yike dat weeponz tu Earl/Denny/Nick! hehehe

Tuyet said...

Ben --- very funny, mister!

Earl --- you weren't too dirty, I just think "love" is a little too strong a word for someone I just met.

Meanie --- thanks for coming by again, you are the cutest!

Bear --- hi there! I am coming to your blog right now.

Denny --- I deleted your comment. Please keep it "clean", OK?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve said...

I'm reminded of a haiku by the ancient Borneaunians that says:

"Pointy Hatsu shigrere salt mo komino wo pepper hoshige nari
the first cold shower;
even the monkey seems to want
after which he did not find upon where?"

Tuyet said...

Ben,
You always know what to say to make me feel better.
I don't really understand what you are talking about, though.
thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Once in while i just click the next blog button and usually it is just garbage, but finding a dedicated blog is a welcome find. I suppose we all reach an introspective period at some point in our lives, but perhaps it is best to explore it, question it wholeheartedly until the head aches, though baking sounds like a good distraction. I can see you have plenty of cyber friends, maybe you can find solace in them, maybe.

--peace
--stupor

BBC said...

I love San Diego.

I went to boot camp there in 1961, it is a beautiful place.

Hon, may I suggest that you don't delete comments by others? That you rise above it all?

Allow your ego to be bigger than they are.

But! If you do decide to delete a comment 'right click' on the comment and select to open the link in a new window.

And then you get the option of deleting it forever instead of the message that you deleted it.

As for me, I show all things that are in my mind, and allow all comments unless they are by complete brainwashed far right Christians.

I even allow you to insult me if you like, as if you could insult God without a return kick in the butt. Love your spirit. Hugs.

Tuyet said...

Thanks BBC, I think you give good advice and I am going to do that. I will rise above it all! Rowr!!!