Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's all for the birds

I feel like I kind of lost my mind there for a little bit. I should never have gone to WomanCamp!!! You know how sometimes you do something, and it seems perfectly Okay and normal while you are doing it, and then afterwards you wonder what the hell you were thinking? That is how I feel about "Vulva Time" with Justine. It's also how I am starting to feel about "Cuddle Party"! What the hell am I doing?!?!?! It seems like I am trying to find myself, and all I am doing is doing these weird things that have nothing to do with me at all!

I need to listen to my inner voice. My inner child, if you will.

And my inner child is saying "Tuyet, cut the crap."

So today, instead of reading Woman Power stuff on the Internet, and wondering if maybe I should be a Wiccan, and reading about Goddess Worship and Menstrual Blood Rituals and all that stuff, I just went for a walk at the local bird sanctuary.

Here is what I saw:





The simple feathery beauty of their little heads made me happy.

I think happiness will be just as simple as that. I'm not going to find it in strange rituals, or Spin Art, or in some woman teaching me about my "pleasure centers". I'm going to see it in the simple beauty that is all around me.

Hey, I think I might be growing!

But I did like that Spin Art. I might do that one again.

4 comments:

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Hello Tuyet! Thank you for your condolences. I have endured several losses of loved ones recently and with each loss I felt I lost a part of myself to the point I didn't know who I was any longer. As I have worked through the grief I have realized that I have not lost bits and pieces of myself but have come out on the other side of the grief to find myself with a different perspective on life and in a new enlightenment.

Your journey to find yourself is normal, we all do that in different ways. It is part of being alive and finding our purpose here on earth. You will find your path, my friend and you will find happiness.
Jo

GoteeMan said...

In some ways, we all get going in some "different" directions at times - the nice thing is that "u-turns" are always allowed, and now you have added to your experience and understanding of what you want in life.

Blessings -
Jeff

~d said...

About every 4 months or so I (kind of) 'trip put' on what I am doing and thinking, etc. It just seems to happen that way. Anyway...the husband says to me (Sunday) that he is 'waiting' for me to have my next bout of 'shutting everything down'.
It seems my BIL told him he (BIL) cant be my myspace friend b/c I am too flaky and shut it down. O well.
*you are experiencing a lot of new things. Experience is good!

Chuck said...

Greetings, salutations and good tidings to you and yours!

Personal growth comes in stages and has many variances. Lest we forget that the most unseen and unnoticed aspects are frequently growing whilst we do not see its growth and beauty. But, thus, it counts as inner growth.

Why I'm growing right now as a matter of fact! Good thing these pants have a high thread count!

Good tidings to ya!

Love, Chuck