Sunday, October 14, 2007

Mistakes were made.

Well, that didn't go so good. When I got to my cousin's, I was in full clown costume and I had my Spin Art all ready to go. Wouldn't you know it, 4 of the kids were extremely scared of clowns! It was a giant cry-fest for like 3 hours. I have never seen so much screaming and pants-peeing in my life. There I was, honking my little horn and trying to get the kids' faces painted, and every few minutes another little kid would go shrieking off to find their mothers. It was a catastrophe!

I guess my question would be, how do I ease kids into clownage? Because I am not giving up on this dream!

Also, I found an angry clown who could use some help. I need to cheer him up!

I still haven't found a good name yet, so I have been using Lulu the Lighthearted Clown. I think it pretty much sucks as a name.

I did practice some balloon animals, and here is one of my successes:


Keep your fingers crossed for my new career!

10 comments:

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

You probably need an older audience! Young kids don't get clowns but older ones and adults do.

Jammie said...

There's nothing funny about lifelong sorrow. Fuck you and your clownish ways!!!

jamwall said...

I almost died doing that Howie Mandel inflatable glove-over-the-head trick once.

Johnny Pipewrench said...

Here, my flower,
are some name idea's....
#1-BUBBLES(get a bubble machine)
#2-LUSH THE CLOWN(show up drunk)
#3-flower the clown
#4-BITCHY THE CLOWN
#5-Evil the clown(Don't just make
them cry,make them crap in their
pants.)
#6-Bling the clown(hip hop clown)
#7-BooBoo the clown(show up with
band aids all over your body.)
#7 CRYBABY the clown(you cry before
they cry...this will confuse
the bastards,and keep them calm.)

JLee said...

awwww! That sucks. Maybe if you got rid of the nose and drew little flowers on your face or something? Or dressed as some type of animal clown. Kids seem to love giant animals!lol

Stephanie Faris said...

That's some pretty cool balloon-animaling! I wish I could do something like that...too lazy to learn!

BBC said...

It's a learning curve hon, keep working on it until you figure out what works for you.

And accept that not all gigs will always go well, and be okay with that.

With kids it's about a bubbly attitude and a sense of love toward them.

With adults you can be more risque.

Keep working on it, I'm sure you will do fine. Hugs.

Celebration of Life said...

Tuyet,

You seem to have lost your following! I hope all is well with you as you haven't been posting as much lately.

Jolene

Tuyet said...

sigh.

Flower Clown said...

This is Flower Clown

I have run into this problem. You can't control the the kids so you have to take it slow. If the kids are scared I sit on the floor and talk softly at first. The kids then will start to feel at ease and relaxed. After that I will talk a bit louder and stand up for the rest of the show. Then there is the kid piking around the corner who by the end of the show is sitting right up front. Only hire professional clowns who know what they are doing.